Do you know students that struggle with spelling? Silver Moon Spelling Rules is a supplemental spelling program that brings spelling to life with charming characters, witty images, and logical rules. Book one consists of 20 American English spelling rules and 1 bonus reading rule. Each rule is accompanied by a direct-instruction, multi-sensory spelling lesson. This program follows an Orton Gillingham based approach.
In this introductory class, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of foundational spelling and reading skills such as - phonemic awareness, basic auditory discrimination skills, and alphabetic principle.
- Learn spelling rules and how to teach them sequentially.
- Learn how to use multisensory strategies to support student memory.
- Learn how to teach and identify different types of syllables.
- Learn and apply basic syllable division rules to improve spelling and reading skills.
- Practice teaching lessons from the Silver Moon program.
Who is this for:
*Orton Gilingham Specialists/Practitioners *Teachers *Parents *College students
*Anyone interested in learning about systematic spelling instruction
CEU’s: 6 contact hours are available through ALTA.
Course Registration Fee: $260
(Every registration includes one instructor’s manual (Set 1) and one large set of rule cards (Set 1). If you already have Set 1, you may request Set 2 materials instead. Please give advance notice.
Instructor: Kelly Steinke, M.A.Ed., NBCT
*Email or call the instructor directly if you have any questions.