Silver Moon® Spelling Rules is a supplemental spelling program that takes the guesswork out of spelling. Explicit instruction in spelling rules allows students to stop memorizing and start understanding. This program is not grade leveled. Set 3 should be used after Sets 1 and 2 have been mastered. This is an Orton Gillingham-influenced program.
Set 3 directly teaches 12 common vowel teams and 13 Bossy R (and W) patterns. There are over 20 lessons total covering 10 spelling rules with optional mini lessons to extend learning. Each spelling rule is accompanied by a direct-instruction, multi-sensory lesson plan, and full-color spelling rule card. Students collect their own set of spelling rule cards as they work through the lessons.
Set 3 Manual Includes:
- Optional Bonus Material: Mini-Lessons
- Spelling Choices Chart
- 7 Collectible Syllable Cards
- Logical (yet creative and fun) names to pair with American English spelling rules
- Full color pictures with hidden clues
- Teacher talk (the manual tells you what to say!)
- Explicit modeling of new skills
- Guided instruction with real words and nonsense words
- Reproducible student pages
- Pre and posttests
- Complimentary support materials online