Silver Moon® Spelling Rules is a supplemental spelling program that takes the guesswork out of spelling. Explicit instruction in spelling rules allows students to stop memorizing and start understanding. This program is not grade leveled and should be used after parts 1 and 2 of Silver Moon® Spelling Rules, Set 1 have been mastered. This is an Orton Gillingham-influenced program. Set 2 directly teaches 15 sticky units of sound, 7 reasons for silent E, and 8 silent E sticky units. Spelling rules are accompanied by direct instruction, multi-sensory lesson plans, and spelling rule cards. This manual includes 14 lessons.
Lessons include: *Doodle-a-Rule" cards
- Logical (yet creative and fun) names to pair with American English spelling rules
- Full-color pictures with hidden clues *Teacher Talk (the manual tells you what to say!)
- Direct Modeling of new skills *Guided Instruction with real words and nonsense words
- Reproducible student pages
- Pre and Posttests
- Additional support materials online